𝒲𝒽𝓎 𝓌𝒶𝓁𝓀 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒻𝓁𝓎? 🦋
Full disclosure - I’m actually afraid of butterflies but I was listening to Brooke Castillo’s “The life coach school” podcast and she talked about seeing this butterfly walking on the road. It had big beautiful wings that were made for flying but instead it struggled to awkwardly walk.
She recognized her coaching students in the butterfly. Maybe you are struggling to walk because you’re not supposed to be walking - you were meant to fly.
Even though walking has gotten you this far, once you grow wings they’ll make walking more difficult. You might not feel ready to fly and the thought of falling is scary. But you can’t get better at flying by continuing to walk. If you want to expand and make it to the next level you have to jump before you feel ready.
Here’s my interpretation of Brooke’s indicators that you should be flying:
1. if you’re struggling and trying to hustle your way through the struggle, you are like the butterfly trying to harder to walk with your big beautiful wings.
2. Are you trying to hide your wings? Trying to do things the way everyone else is doing them and hide what makes you different or unique? If you’ve seen Carnaval Row you know you can’t hide your wings - we can see them. So why struggle to conceal them instead of using them to your advantage?
3. Are you only looking at the past and immediate view and not getting the aerial view? If you’re only looking at what’s in front of you, you are missing the big picture. In law school the professors would always say “you can’t see the Forest for the trees.”
4. Are you justifying why you can’t fly? Are you using the risk of falling to keep you on the ground?
So although I have my suspicions about butterflies (I mean they go into a cocoon a caterpillar, do god knows what in there, maybe scheming, transform into a different creature, and when they emerge, they try to distract us with their pretty wings. I’m on to you 🦋 👀), maybe there is something we can learn from them after all.
So are you going to fly?
- Prints are 8.5 in x 11 in. and are printed on high quality glossy card stock.
- Please note that the "LadieKatie.com" watermark will not appear on the actual print.
- Each print comes in a clear protective sleeve with cardboard backing.
- All items are sent priority mail and are trackable
Need it framed? Framing is now available for prints, watercolors and illustrations for only $15!
Custom personalized watercolors and illustrations are available upon request. Please convo me or email me at LadieKatieArt [!at] gmail.com and I am happy to work with you to make your vision come to fruition!
To check out more of my art please visit my online portfolio at LadieKatie.com
Want to stay posted about my newest pieces and get a behind the scene look at my process and inspiration? Follow me on Instagram @ladiekatieart
Sign up for my blog newsletter at ArtLikeALadie.com and get 2 FREE printables! And a DISCOUNT CODE to my etsy shop! SIGN UP NOW TO GET YOURS: http://eepurl.com/bu2YTj
Thanks for visiting!
Copyright © Ladie Katie by Katie Robert
Purchase of this item does not grant transfer of copyright. I, the artist, retain all copyright privileges. May not be used, sold, redistributed, or printed in any way.